Do I need to be naturalized before I can apply for a fiancee visa? 2 Answers as of June 08, 2011

Can I apply for a fiance visa even though I'm still a green card holder but I'm in the US army? Or do I need to wait to be naturalized?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes, you need to be naturalized first. Only USCs can file fiance visas. Sorry but you're almost there. You could always marry and file something for her/him now and when you are naturalized, your petition will be automatically upgraded. In most cases that is a good thing, but in other cases (as in the case of Mexico) it can disadvantage your beneficiary's position. So think carefully if you decide not to wait. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/8/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
You must be a citizen.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: