Do I need a Court date to change geographical restriction? Posted on June 30, 2011

I got a divorce in Texas, and in my divorce decree it states that I have a geographical restriction on where my son's primary residence will be "until modified by further order of the court of continuing jurisdiction or by written agreement signed by the parties and filed with the court." I got a job out of state because of the economy and the father says he will sign the papers to let us move, but I am wondering if I just need the judge to sign it or if I have to actually get a court date?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: