Do I need bankruptcy to lower the payment of my loan? 2 Answers as of October 16, 2010

Sallie Mae estimated loan $10,000 I am currently unemployed. Lost my job. How can I lower the payment or sell off the loan?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
Bankruptcy will not assist you with student loans at present, unless you can prove a permanent financial hardship. Call Sallie Mae and ask them for help. Go to student loan borrower assistance website for more information.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/16/2010
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
You might be able to defer the loan. Call Sallie Mae or a chapter 13 might also help.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/15/2010
Click to View More Answers: