Do I need a attorney for trespassing at a casino? 5 Answers as of September 15, 2015

I have no criminal record and was given a court date to appear in court for trespassing at a casino. I plan to plead guilty. Do I need a attorney? Could I lose my job?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Don't know what type of job you have. IF your job is uncomfortable with convictions, then you will lose your job.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/15/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. By yourself you're going to get duped into a guilty plea and get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/14/2015
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
If you're just gonna plead guilty you don't need a lawyer. You can make that bad decision on your own. It depends on your job. You could lose it.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/14/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
Hire an attorney if you want to avoid having the trespassing conviction on your permanent record. I don't know if this would cause you to lose your job. That depends on what type of job you have and what their policies are.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 9/14/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
You have not provided sufficient information upon which the form a rational and knowing opinion, however, in general it is not a good idea to be pleading guilty and perhaps some accommodation could be reached to minimize your damages. I would suggest you at least confer with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 9/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: