Do I need a attorney after a rollover accident? How? 15 Answers as of May 12, 2015

I was in my friend's truck and was eject during a rollover. Neither of us are very badly hurt but they told me to call a lawyer before giving copies of the medical bills. Is this true?

I would consult with an attorney. You can save yourself a lot of grief.
Goldstein and Peck. P.C.
Goldstein and Peck. P.C. | William J. Kupinse, Jr
Generally, persons who are injured in an automobile accident are best served by consulting an attorney.
You do not say who told you. ?It will not cost you anything to have a initial discussion with a local personal injury attorney to see what they recommend. ?It sounds like you probably did not have your seat belt on so the insurance company will properly argue you are some what at fault for your injuries. ?You have to show that your friend was at fault to collect any pain and suffering or wage loss damages. ?You do not state if he has medical coverage for injured passengers when he is not at fault or only if he is at fault.
That is up to you. Generally you can recover more with an attorney, but your injuries may not merit an attorney.
Boesen Law, LLC
Boesen Law, LLC | Jon C. Boesen
If you have injuries you should consult with an experienced personal injury and let him or her provide you advice on what your rights are and how to be compensated for your injuries and reimbursed for any out of pocket expenses you may incur or wage loss suffered if you cannot work for any length of time.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    You should consult with a personal injury attorney so you have a better understanding of what your rights are.
    You might need a lawyer and you might not, but it never hurts to run it by one, especially one that is experienced in injury law and products liability cases. He or she will be able to look at your injuries and tell you whether the cost of pursuing a case would be worth the potential outcome. Good luck.
    Law Offices of Robert Burns
    Law Offices of Robert Burns | Robert Burns
    You should first meet with an attorney to properly evaluate your case. Giving the bills should pose little problem, but not getting the attorney evaluation may be a big problem.
    Hobbs Law Group
    Hobbs Law Group | Kristin E. Hobbs
    You should talk to an attorney before talking with the insurance company. Unless this is an uninsured motorist claim the insurance company has no duty to treat you fairly. Undoubtedly they will try to low ball you and have to settle quickly and cheaply before you have a chance to figure out if you are really injured. Most of us attorneys offer free consultations and take cases on a contingency so there is no need to wait.
    Before giving copies of the medical bills to whom? Do consult a skilled personal injury lawyer. They can often find damages that a lay person would not know. It should be a different lawyer from your friend's, since you may have a cause of action against him. Good Luck.
    If you are making a claim for injuries, an independent study showed that you will do better with an attorney. You can ask your local bar assn for a referral.
    I would suggest that you cooperate the insurance with the insurance company as to the medical bills and potentially seek a lawyer if you are claiming any serious or permanent damages.
    End, Hierseman & Crain, LLC | J. Michael End
    It would help you negotiate a settlement to have a lawyer representing you. I think you should try to find a good personal injury lawyer in your area to represent you.
    Russell and Lazarus
    Russell and Lazarus | Marc Lazarus
    You should contact a personal injury lawyer.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    An injury attorney normally would not charge you for a consultation, and in many cases you could possibly get more for yourself after the attorney is paid. It would be necessary to review the facts of your case to try to establish what type of compensation that you might be entitled to.