Do I need an attorney if I want to marry a non-U.S. citizen? 4 Answers as of October 17, 2010

My fiancee is not a U.S. citizen. What do we need to do for the wedding?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
To make it work, your fiancee had to have entered the USA legally, then overstayed. Then you can marry, petition for him, and he is able to apply to adjust status. If you want to discuss how to go about it further, call or e-mail me, and I will arrange a consultation for you and your fiancee.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/16/2010
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
You need an ID to get married with your fiancee (need an ID as well), and nothing else.

After getting married, then you should sit down with an immigration attorney to discuss options to apply for permanent resident status.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/15/2010
Click to View More Answers: