Do I need an attorney for a minor accident? 2 Answers as of July 05, 2012

I was in a minor accident in Larimer County, CO (city of Loveland) and charged with careless driving. No injuries, minor damage, clean record. What should I do? Do I need an attorney? What are the most likely outcomes in court?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
In general, you should be able to plead by mail. Careless Driving may affect your insurance rates and you may wish to hire a lawyer to fight the ticket.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/5/2012
Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
You should at least consult an attorney about the criminal charge of Careless Driving. Also be concerned about the restitution that may be ordered.
Answer Applies to: Colorado
Replied: 6/22/2012
Click to View More Answers: