Do I legally have to pay child support in a foster care situation? Posted on February 28, 2011

My son was placed out of my home because of his violent behavior at home and put in a foster care facility. The state is now perusing me for child support payment and medical insurance for him. The state has taken the court ordered support I was receiving for him from his dad. I work temporary and I don't have enough income to pay my current bills and can't afford to make child support payments to the state and I don't have any medical insurance for myself on the temporary job.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: