Do I legally have to disclose that my license was suspended if I completed a DUI diversion program? 6 Answers as of February 16, 2011

I am taking the diversion program for a DUI currently. I am in the middle to applying at a new job, they are asking me if I have ever had my license suspended. Do I need to say yes if I am in the diversion program? The DMV said to say NO when asked if I have ever been convicted of a DUI if I pass the diversion program. What about the suspension?

Read the form completely. If you are answering under an included oath and your license was suspended, you must say yes.
It is the same for the suspension.
If you lie, you can be terminated for the lie. It either was, or was not, suspended for any period of time. The employer will find the truth when they run your background check.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
If you are in a diversion program you haven't been convicted. But you need to disclose it to a government agency if asked.
If you are asked if your license was ever suspended and it currently is or was within the last 10 years you should answer that it was. This will be easy information for the potential employer to determine.