Do I have to wait 10 years after being deported for a non-aggravated crime? 4 Answers as of March 11, 2011

I am married to a us citizen. I got deported for 3 crimes which are not aggravate. Can my wife re-apply for me and do I have to wait the whole 10 years. Is it possible for me to come back?

It does not look good. Even though they are not non-aggravated offenses, if they are crimes involving moral turpitude, which is the other basis for deportation, then you may even have a lifetime ban. If it's only 10 years, then section 212a of the Immigration Act will only allow you to apply for legal residency, unless you're able to demonstrate extreme and extraordinary hardship to your wife and child.
You may be able to come back sooner by applying for and being granted an I-212. However, you may also need to file a waiver due to your criminal convictions. If so, the waiver and the I-212 are generally filed at the same time after your immigrant visa is denied.
You don't have 2 wait 10 years before re-entering the U.S. You can file a waiver for the past crimes and your wife would be the qualifying relative. Call my office for a free consultation.
If you can have your wife to contact us with your deportation papers, we will be estimate for you whether you could obtain a waiver under certain condition.