Do I have to use sick leave before disability or paid family leave? Posted on February 08, 2011

My wife is pregnant and she'd like to know what type of time off she can take. I know there is: - Paid Family Leave of 6 weeks (we pay SDI in CA so I assume she get Paid Family Leave because of that) - Disability: my understanding is that she can take 4 weeks off prior to childbirth and the rest after child birth (12 weeks) for a total of 4 months. Can Paid Family Leave weeks and Disability weeks be combined? Her employer offers sick leave. Does she have to use accrued sick leave prior to the disability leave or can she take sick leave after finishing disability and paid family leave? She also accrues vacation time. Does she have to use this prior to child birth or can she take this later in the year?