Do I have to tell my school about my DWI? 6 Answers as of June 08, 2015

I am a 32-year-old teacher and I was just charged with a DWI. Do I have to share this information with my school, or will they be notified? I would rather they not have this information.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You do not have to tell, IF they do not ask, but they will ask. See website for info on retaining the right attorney. If the charges are dismissed then you do not have to reveal anything.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/8/2015
Law Office of Jeff Yeh
Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
Instead of worrying about the jail time, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/4/2015
Chambers Law Firm
Chambers Law Firm | Dan E. Chambers
If you're a public school teacher, your employer will most likely find out whether you tell them or not.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/4/2015
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
I know of no duty to inform unless it is in your contract of employment. Get an attorney to seek to minimized your long term damages.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/4/2015
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S.
Freeborn Law Offices, P.S. | Steve Freeborn
No reason to share it with them unless you have something in your contract that requires you to do so AND unless your school job requires you to transport children. Absent that, I see no reason
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/4/2015
    Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
    If this is a first-offence OWI, and in Wisconsin, you need not notify your employer. In this State first-offence OWI is not a crime. (Second and subsequent convictions are crimes, however, and if your school or district has a policy about reporting criminal convictions, then you must comply with it.)
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 6/4/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!