Do I have to sue to get the insurance company to pay me? How? 8 Answers as of June 08, 2015

The adjuster of an insurance company is, apparently, unable to contact their client. She was in an accident with me that was her fault. They have been saying that they will not proceed or pay out a settlement until they speak with her. I can foresee this going on for a very long time. Do I have to sue in order to get this case moving?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Robinette Legal Group, PLLC
Robinette Legal Group, PLLC | Jeffery Robinette
If you were seriously injured it is imperative that you contact an experienced car accident attorney. An attorney has the knowledge and means to ensure your best possible recovery. Most will give a free consultation.
Answer Applies to: West Virginia
Replied: 6/8/2015
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
You very well may have to sue to get the case off dead center. Consult an experienced injury lawyer. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 6/2/2015
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
Get a lawyer. Obviously you do not understand how the system works, so get someone who does.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 6/2/2015
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
What is your insurance company doing for you? They generally cover your costs and get reimbursement from the other insurance carrier. If you do not have insurance, retain a personal injury attorney to assist you.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/2/2015
Utah Injury Lawyer
Utah Injury Lawyer | Will Rodgers
The answer to your question is yes; sometimes as injury lawyers we often have to sue (file lawsuits in court) against car insurance companies to get them to pay a fair amount to our injured clients. Often we do not have to sue because we are injury lawyers and are able to get car insurance companies to pay reasonable amounts to our clients by virtue of our knowledge, experience, work, etc. For your own benefit, immediately contact an injury lawyer to evaluate your case and if taken, represent you in the case without any money coming from you. The reality is car insurance companies jerk people around who are not injury lawyers. As injury lawyers, we represent our clients and help them get their healthcare bills paid and get the best financial compensation they can get on their case. My law firm focuses exclusively on injury law and would be happy to discuss your case if you call.
Answer Applies to: Utah
Replied: 6/2/2015
    Kelaher Law Offices, P.A.
    Kelaher Law Offices, P.A. | James P Kelaher
    Hire a lawyer; they will respond more quickly to someone who files lawsuits for a living.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 6/2/2015
    Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
    They do not absolutely have to speak to her. If liability is clear, what helpful information are they going to get. In my ten years defending an auto insurance company, I had plenty of insureds who would not speak with me and did not care what happened as long as they did not have to pay any money. Speak to a supervisor and point out they can discuss settlement or you have no choice but to sue which will cost them more money and you will have to hire an attorney who will demand a larger settlement amount. If you have to sue, however you have to locate the defendant to serve her with the suit, unless the insurance company will accept service on her behalf, which they probably will not do.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/1/2015
    Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
    I'm afraid so. And you might want to retain a good personal injury lawyer and commence a lawsuit soon. You can always settle after you've filed the legal action. And you would be moving the case forward, instead of spinning wheels. Good Luck.
    Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
    Replied: 6/1/2015
Click to View More Answers: