Do I have to state the money I borrowed from my family as a support, while filing the tax return? 1 Answers as of March 04, 2011

I'm a legal immigrant, got in the states with 4000$ first on June 6 2010. I legally have the money registered at the airport. For the rest of the year of 2010, I never worked and now I want to file a tax return for 2010 till April but I'm not sure whether I should state this 4000$ on the form 1040? If I have to, Does IRS require a tax pay from me?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
No, loans not income.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: