Do I have to sign a trustee release form to receive my inheritance? 4 Answers as of December 21, 2015

If I sign and discover fraud later, do I have rights?

A trustee release is for a trust, not for an inheritance. In a Release, you only release what you know or should know of, not any fraud unless you already know of it.
Yes and yes.
Do yourself a favor and have a probate trust lawyer experienced in litigation to review the document to advise you of consequences of signing the release; I suspect the release of liability cuts off your right of a future suit against trustee for any fraud of other devaluation if you sign.
WFB Legal Consulting, Inc.
WFB Legal Consulting, Inc. | William F. Bernard
If I understand what you are referencing, an indemnification release is a very common practice. It is designed to address the fact that the trustee is entitled to use trust funds to defend himself/herself if there are any disputes or objections by any beneficiaries. However, once the money is distributed, there is no defense fund left. Therefore, releases are sent out to "reassure" the Trustee that it is safe to distribute the funds, and that there are no complaints or objections that will be filed.