Do I have to sign an arbitration agreement and why? 4 Answers as of September 08, 2015

My company after 3 years just created an employee handbook with an Arbitration Agreement attached to it which has to be sign. I don’t feel comfortable signing it because I don't it haunt me later if something does happen.

Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
If you are required to sign the arbitration agreement in order to keep your job then you have to decide if you want the job or not. If you want the job then you should sign the arbitration agreement and if or when needed consult with an attorney. If you don't want the job and don't sign the arbitration agreement and then are terminated, you should consult an attorney to find out if you have any claim while you look for other work. An attorney can only give you a complete answer if you provide a copy of the arbitration agreement and all the facts related to your job situation to determine how, if at all, you might proceed.
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
MS is an employment at will State. This means that the employer sets the terms of employment. If they require going to arbitration, then they can do it. Arbitration is a good way to resolve disputes.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
No, you do not have to sign that arbitration agreement, but be prepared to lose your job if you do not sign. This answer is based on GA law. If you are not in GA, resubmit your question and identify your state. The laws vary from state to state.
The Niskar Law Firm, PLLC
The Niskar Law Firm, PLLC | Joey Niskar
*I generally advise clients to NOT sign agreements to arbitrate. It has been my experience that arbitration is a horrible, highly-unfavorable forum for an employee to litigate a claim against an employer. It has also been my experience that employers who demand that employees sign agreements to arbitrate have a history of treating employees poorly, have done poorly in court against the employees, and are seeking to avoid court and have all claims submitted to arbitration so that they can get away with their unlawful conduct. Why do you think that the employer wants to litigate claims in arbitration? It is because they know that they will win the vast majority of the time in arbitration, regardless of how strong your case is. Your index of suspicion is high for a very good reason. You may want to consider seeking a different job if the employer demands that you sign the agreement as a condition of employment.