Do I have to sign an arbitration agreement? 1 Answers as of May 01, 2011

My company after 3 years just created an employee handbook with an Arbitration Agreement attached to it which has to be sign. I don’t feel comfortable signing it because I dont it haunt me later if something does happen.

David B. Sacks, P.A.
David B. Sacks, P.A. | David Sacks
In most states an employer can make you sign an arbitration agreement as a condition of employment at any time during the employment relationship. The United States Supreme Court just handed down a new decision on arbitration agreements that go against employees, although I have not read the entire decision yet so I could not give you a complete analysis of it. Constraints on this process would likewise not provide for an opportunity to do so either. Long and short of it is that if you don't sign the agreement chances are you will be terminated, although it wouldn't hurt to ask if you could get away with not signing it.