Do I have to show my dismissed petty theft case in my back ground check question? 2 Answers as of July 08, 2015

Court dismissed my petty theft case so when applying for job or producer license.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
The answer, of course, depends on what the question is on the application. If the question is have you ever been convicted and this is the only case you had, then the answer is no. If the question is have you ever been charged with a crime?, then the answer is Yes. It is possible to petition to seal cases that have been dismissed ? check the state court website for forms. Once sealed, you can say the event never happened and it will not show up on a general public background check.
Attorney & Counselor at Law
Attorney & Counselor at Law | John Hugger
If the question asked of you is related to felony convictions, the answer is "no" since it was a petty offense. Generally, in Colorado, employers are not permitted to ask about petty offenses. Consult an attorney ASAP!