Do I have to see a judge to move out of state with my child? 1 Answers as of August 09, 2011

If I have sole custody of my child can I move out of state without seeing a judge. The father pays child support, and we have another child together. The father has a bad record with drug related issues, do you think that the judge would grant me the right to move out of state with my children?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
IF you have sole custody and are 100% sure that you do, the only requirement for moving out of state is to file notice of intent to move with the court, which will notify the father. Please discuss this issue with a domestic relations attorney near you.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 8/9/2011
Click to View More Answers: