Do I have to report to anyone while on deferred adjudication? 2 Answers as of February 22, 2011

I am possibly looking at being put on deferred adjudication for a class b misdemeanor. Should I plan on having to report to a probation officer during the three or so month that I am on it?

Law Office of Tim W. Avery
Law Office of Tim W. Avery | Tim W. Avery
Yes you will have to report to a probation officer monthly unless the court waives it. Sometimes the court will waive it on cases like theft by check but will require reporting on all other type of cases.
The Purnell Law Firm
The Purnell Law Firm | Simon Purnell
Yes, a deferred adjudication carries with it the requirement of community supervision in lieu of incarceration. The only real difference between a deferred and straight "probation" is that the court will dismiss the case at the end of the deferral period. The court still has the power to require conditions during the probationary period that include visits with the community supervision officer (formerly referred to as probation officer)