Do I have to report my arrest and dismissal on the immigration form? 1 Answers as of August 15, 2011

I was arrested for unlawful entry age 15. The charge was dismissed. The juvenile record ended age 18 and I never was charged or arrested since, either in my country of origin or in the US were I have lived the last 8 years. The arrest was over 20 years ago and no records remain. I am married to my US wife I am applying for citizenship on grounds of marriage to a citizen. I disclosed the arrest on my application for permanent resident at the US Consulate years ago, but didn't provide records as there were none. The Consul-General asked a question about it, I answered, he was satisfied and approved me. Now I have to answer the same question on N-400 but it also asks for proof, like the I-485 did. Do I indicate the arrest and dismissal and is that enough? Or do they require more?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
You must answer the question honestly. If the officer requests, you must provide the evidence or satisfactory proof that it is not available. Do not lie, that is much worse than the underlying offense and could result in a denial.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 8/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: