Do I have to report a change in my marital status? 6 Answers as of January 20, 2011

My mother filed for a green card 2 years ago for me when I was single and i since married, my petition is still processing and has not been approved yet, am I obligated to report a change in marital status?

What status is your Mom? If she is only a PR then your case is automatically terminated. If she is a U.S. citizen then yes you should send a copy of your marriage certificate to the address indicated on the I-130 unless your case is already at the National Visa Center then send then marital certificate there.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
Your immigration preference changed by you getting married. You will have to inform the visa center of that when you continue with the immigration process.
Yes you should advise the USCIS (if the petition is pending) or the NVC (if the petition is approved) that you are married. Please be aware that if your mother is a Green Card holder and you got married your petition is cancelled. If your mother was a US Citizen when you got married your petition would change from FB-1 to FB-3.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Yes are suppose to update your status. However please note that if your mother is only a permanent residence your marriage terminated your petition. If your mom is a US citizen then your marriage will only serve to increase the processing time.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Yes, you have to report the change in marital status. Since you married, your preference status changed and you will have to wait longer to immigrate.

If your mother is a legal resident rather than a US citizen, you may not be eligible to immigrate at all. Ask her if she can become a US citizen. It will help you.