Do I have to renew my working permit even though I already have my green card? 24 Answers as of June 02, 2013

I want to know if I have to renew my working permit even though I already have my green card.

NO, once you get your green card, you no longer need your work permit. Your green card now serves as your work permit in the US as well as your travel document into the US.
No, your PR card is all you need to work.
Bell, Nunnally & Martin, LLP | Karen-Lee Pollak
No you do not need renew your work permit if you are a permanent resident (Green card Holder).
No you do not. The work permit is no longer useful to you. The green card takes over and that is the only card you need to renew. Good luck!
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
No. You are already a resident - you cannot even renew it if you wanted.
    Julian & Chin LLP
    Julian & Chin LLP | Larry F Chin
    No. Your green card authorizes employment.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    No, the green card replaced your employment authorization document as proof of your permission to work in the U.S.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    No, you do not have to renew your work permit now that you have your green card.
    U.S. Immigration Law Group, LLP | Lisa D. Ramirez
    No. Your green card is your authorization to work in the U.S.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
    Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
    A "Green Card" itself creates authorization for a person to become or remain employed. Not only does a Lawful Permanent Resident (holder of a "Green Card") not need to renew his/her nonimmigrant visa or the Employment Authorization Document ("EAD" or "work permit") received while the adjustment of status application was pending, but doing so could be construed as abandonment of his/her Permanent Resident status. If a "Green Card" is not "conditional" (based upon a marriage to a U.S. citizen where the marriage was less than two years old at the time of USCIS approval), then there is nothing left to renew except the "Green Card" itself when the end of the 10-year period is reached. Of course, the holder of a Green Card may be eligible to petition to become a naturalized U.S. citizen 5 years after becoming a Permanent Resident (after 3 years in most instances where the foreign national is married to a U.S. Citizen). If you may be interested in legal assistance with "Green Card" renewal or in petitioning to naturalize, I invite you to contact our firm. Some immigration law firms, including mine, offer legal services on a "flat fee" basis so that a client will know the total expense from the very beginning, and a few immigration law firms, including mine, offer an initial consultation free of charge.
    Hilf & Hilf PLC
    Hilf & Hilf PLC | Sufen Hilf
    No.
    You do not need to renew your work authorization card if you are a permanent resident. A permanent resident is authorized to work and your green card is proof of eligibility to work.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Hector J. Lopez
    NO. If you have a green card (LPR Status) in the United States, this will authorize you to reside and work permanently in the country. Your work permit is no longer valid since the day your green card was adjudicated.
    Law Office of John Vandenberg
    Law Office of John Vandenberg | John Vandenberg
    No. The greencard is your working permit now.
    Immigration Attorneys, LLP | Robert R. Gard
    Actually, if you were interviewed at a local USCIS office on your green card application, and the application was approved at the interview, the USCIS adjudicator is supposed to confiscate the EAD card at the time of the interview/approval. If the green card approval took place without an interview, or you were notified by mail after the interview, USCIS won't take the card, but they won't renew the EAD card either.
    Carol Beth Wolfenson | Carol Beth Wolfenson
    No, you never need the working permit again.
    Seifert Law Offices | Lisa Ellen Seifert
    No.