Do I have to renew both my H1B and I94 immigration papers? 2 Answers as of November 10, 2010

My H1B and I94 will both expire on March 2011. My employer agreed to sign-off any immigration papers so that I can extend my stay legally but up the end of the school year only (June 2011). Do I just need to renew my I94 or visa also? HR also ask me if I have an immigration lawyer and I do not have one. I am so afraid of what will cost me.

I do not quite understand your question, but I'll say what I think you're saying, and you can decide if it applies. First, you cannot have an H-1B and an F-1 student visa at the same time, but you can have an active application for an H-1B, that can be ruled upon and granted once your employer has labor certification. Since you say you are working for them at this point, I speculate that you are working on an OPT (Optional Practical Training), which can go on from your F-1 visa for as long as 12-29 months, depending on the job and your academic field. If you are able to continue with your F-1, or renew it through a valid enrollment, you may stay in the U.S. until your H-1B petition is adjudicated, and your trip to the U.S. embassy in your home country to obtain your entry visa, is completed. If you have more questions and need help, feel free to e-mail or phone to set up a consultation, which may be by phone or in person. Best to you.
By renewing your H-1B visa petition, you will also be extending your I-94. You will need to do this with your employer and if they are not sure of what to do, you will need to have an immigration attorney assist you. You can contact me directly to discuss the process and the fees, if you'd like. I offer a discounted rate to LawQA members.