Do I have to pay the full cost of repairs that were done incorrectly? 2 Answers as of January 12, 2011

TDS pushed an electrical pipe underground severing and blocking my sewage drain. I authorized a repair. I am given the resolution of $4000 out of $6700 because I authorized (which I don’t recall) “work above and beyond”. The “above” repair was installing a new section of pipe from the house to the severed section rather than just fixing the small section that was severed. TDS contacted the plumbers who quoted that the sectional repair would have cost $3300, TDS kicked in an additional $700 as a goodwill gesture.

Is this a case I can win by either TDS paying me the full $6700 by taking back the new section or allowing me to keep the new section at no cost to me? Will any attorney take this case on “contingency fee” basis and include all fees to be paid by the opposing party?

Sue them in small claims court.