Do I have to pay for tow-yard fees to get my car back? 5 Answers as of November 22, 2010

My car was stolen at the time of my assault (attempted murder) now it has been found and in a tow yard. Do I have to pay the fees to get my back? It was stolen in the process of my assault.

Yes. However, if a person is convicted he will be ordered to pay you back.
I am afraid you do. If the perpetrator is caught and criminal case is brought, you may submit the fee to the DAs office as restitution due you so save your receipt. The perpetrator will be held liable for the amount although the chance of your actually seeing money is slim.
Yes, unless you can find a way to steal it out of the tow yard, which will of course land you in jail on felony charges. Or, you could abandon it to them if its value is less than their charges, which keep increasing every day it is there. They are entitled to their charges, regardless how the vehicle got there. You could try to negotiate a deal with them, but that is not likely to succeed it would set a precedent. Those charges are part of your damages to be claimed in a lawsuit against the bad guy that did this. And, you can make a claim for payment under the Victim/Witness program at court. And, you can urge the DA to seek a restitution order for you in the criminal proceedings.
If the victim there is a program called Victims of Violent Crime which pays doctor bills and may well pay these bills as well - ask the DA. If you were doing the assaulting, bailing out your car is the least of your problems.