Do I have to pay any additional taxes if I received a check from my mother’s death? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2017

It was taxed by the state. I live in another state.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
It depends. The principal amount of an inheritance is not income-taxable anywhere I know of, but if the estate earns money during administration, the income is taxable. Contact the personal representative of the estate. Also, you may be able to get a refund of the amount withheld by the other state. Talk to your tax adviser.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 4/4/2017
Click to View More Answers: