Do I have to pay additional fees to have my status changed to a citizen? 8 Answers as of January 19, 2011

I had applied for my wife who is in India, on my green card 3 years ago. Now I have become a citizen. Do I have to fill out a new form again, and pay some more fees? Or just call the visa processing center and have my status changed?

Depending on what stage her case is out send a copy of the naturalization certificate (signed) with a brightly colored sheet and ask that her case be upgraded to Immediate Relative. You can also call the 800# Customer Service # to get specific instructions if you can't locate the address.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You will have to pay additional fees to the visa center.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Congratulations on your US citizenship! You just brought your wife to the head of the line. She may immigrate right away.

You must now notify the USCIS. There is no extra charge. Have your I-130 approval notice and your citizenship certificate ready for reference.
You can upgrade your petition.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
You do not need to pay additional fees to change the status of your petition. You can simply inform the visa processing center. You will need to pay the additional fees to continue processing.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    NO need to file another form. Call + Write to the NVC, if your petition is already approved and at that location. If your petition is still pending at one of the service center, call and write where the petition is pending. Provide proof of US citizenship (Yes..You can legally make a copy of your naturalization certificate for that purpose). The NVC will change the classification from 2A to Immediate relative. (IR6). Good luck.
    You do not have to refile the petition. If the petition is not approved, send a copy of the Notice of Receipt and a copy of your Naturalization Certificate to the USCIS Service Center handling the case. If the petition was approved and the file was send to the NVC,then you need send a copy of your Naturalization Certificate and request that the petition be upgraded to an Immediate Relative petition (Spouse of US Citizen). Once it is upgraded the NVC will send you the various packets to begin visa processing. Please note that if your wife has children (either with you or as your step children), they will have to be separately petitioned since Immediate Relative petitions do not have derivative beneficiaries.
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    You don't have to pay any additional fees, but its recommended that you update your status in writing with a copy of your Naturalization certificate.