Do I have to meet halfway if it conflicts with my work schedule and rest time required for my occupation? 1 Answers as of December 20, 2016

My daughter’s father is requesting that I meet him at a halfway point between our residences which is 70 miles apart. The time he wants to meet is a 9pm. I am a commercial truck driver with a work schedule that requires me to be at work at 2am in the morning on Saturday and Sunday. I am usually in bed by 6pm in order to get some type of sleep to be prepared to drive all night. I get up at midnight to be a work at 2am. I refuse to place my job and life in danger to meet him halfway for his visits.

In most cases, the court would expect the parents to find some way to share the transportation of the minor child. That being said, extenuating circumstance involving distance and scheduling must be evaluated and worked out between the parties otherwise a return to court would be the best option.