Do I have to live in the US for my mother to get her permanent citizenship? 1 Answers as of March 06, 2011

My husband and I, will be moving to Japan for the 3 year next month. I am waiting for my mother interview in Dominican Republic. Could my mother cases be affected because of this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
Not necessarily. If your residency is demonstrated to be at least in the USA for 2 1/2 years of the last 5, you may still act as a legitimate sponsor/petitioner. Your mother cannot be a public charge, but can live here if she is supported by you or other co-sponsors (under I-864 affidavit of support).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: