Do I have to let the CPS come into my house? 10 Answers as of February 13, 2013

He miss a lot of school so he has a youth service worker and now she wants to talk to all my kids and they are no open cps case do if have to let them come in my house?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
Why do they want to talk to the other children? I would find that out before letting them do this.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 2/13/2013
Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
If you dont voluntarily let them in they will probably get a warrant.
Answer Applies to: Maryland
Replied: 2/13/2013
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
No! CPS is an agent of the Government so they are no different than cops. They can enter your home only if invited, there is an articulable emergency that demands attention, or they have a warrant. Note however, they can and likely will talk to the kids at school and there is nothing you can do about it.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 2/12/2013
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
Yes or the police will come
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 2/12/2013
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
No, then they will return with police, and the door will be kicked in.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 2/12/2013
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    Contact a lawyer. They have a right to try to find out what happened. You have a right to ignore their request. Rejecting their right has consequences.
    Answer Applies to: Massachusetts
    Replied: 2/12/2013
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    If the youth service is court ordered or referred by the court, yes. If not, not exactly. It may be of help, though, if you did unless you are worried.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 2/12/2013
    Timothy J. Thill P.C.
    Timothy J. Thill P.C. | Timothy J. Thill
    That is a question for an attorney practicing family law, not one for this forum. I would guess that you better let the worker in your house.
    Answer Applies to: Illinois
    Replied: 2/12/2013
    Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
    Yes, failing to do so will only lead to a more formal process that you cannot control.
    Answer Applies to: Washington
    Replied: 2/12/2013
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly
    Law Office of Brendan M. Kelly | Brendan M. Kelly
    I would not allow them into the house and would tell the kids not to talk without a parent.
    Answer Applies to: Nebraska
    Replied: 2/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: