Do I have to leave the country if I overstayed my visa? 4 Answers as of June 10, 2013

What options do I have if I overstayed my 6 months in the US apart from leaving the country to get myself reinstated? I came here legally.

You have incurred, by overstaying by at least six months, a three-year ban on applying to the USA for any visa. You will only be exempt from that if you marry, and then your wife petitions for you to have legal residency. If you wish to discuss your options further, please feel free to set an in-person or phone consultation, by phoning or e-mailing me.
Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
If you leave the country now, then you will trigger a 3 year bar of inadmissibility since you have accrued over 180 days in unlawful presence. Please consult with an immigration lawyer before filing any documents or departing the U.S.
Either change status via nunc pro tunc or marriage to a U.S. Citizen that you are in a relationship with.