Do I have to get my will registered at the court house? 7 Answers as of August 20, 2011

I wrote my own will, had two witnesses and it is notarized. Must I register it at the court house?

Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Florida Courts will not record a will anymore. You might want to have it reviewed for validity as well as that what you have written is what what you want and what will happen. We often see wills that have disastrous results and would do something very different than the intent of the person who wrote it, or copied parts from another will.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C.
Minor, Bandonis and Haggerty, P.C. | Brian Haggerty
No, the county clerks don't register wills any more. To be clear, though, you had two people witness your signature on the will, and then they signed and you had notarized an Affidavit of Witnesses to Will?
First of all, it is huge mistake to write your own will. It may or may not be valid, and even if it is valid, it may not be optimal and may complicate probate. The fact that you wrote one not even knowing what to do with it is very telling. See a lawyer. For $250 or $300 you will get a proper will and proper estate planning advice in most situations. Wills are not probated until the testator dies. They can be stored at the court, but there are other options, possibly preferable, for storage.
In New Hampshire there is no registration process. A Last Will & Testament does not go to the Probate Court until the person has passed away.
Law Offices of Brian Chew
Law Offices of Brian Chew | Brian Chew
Will do not need to be registered with the court until after you pass on and then only if more than $100,000 is passing through your will. If you have more than $100,000 then you will need a living trust to avoid the high cost and delays of probate.