Do I have to file a motion to modify support? Posted on January 13, 2011

I was just divorced and my alimony was based on my yearly income which included $7,750 in bonuses. My employer is tightening up the raises and I am only getting a bonus of $1500 this year and there is no indication I will get anymore in the future. I'm figuring that since my income has been reduced by $6,250 ($7750 - $1500) that if I divide it in half and then divide by 12 that my alimony would be reduced by ~$250. Is this correct?

How involved is it for me to file a Motion to Modify Support?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: