Do I have to do physical therapy for workers comp on my own time? 2 Answers as of May 06, 2011

I am out on workmans comp due to a torn cartilage in my knee. It has been 2 weeks since my surgery and have just been told to return to work and reschedule my physical therapy on my own time. Is this normal? Since i was hurt on the job, why should I have to do this on my time?

David B. Sacks, P.A.
David B. Sacks, P.A. | David Sacks
Unfortunately, if it is possible to schedule the PT on your own time, you should do that for many reasons. If there are special circumstances to the point that you are unable to go to PT at any other time, then you can certainly go during work hours, however, expect to have to fight the workers comp insurer to be paid.
Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates
Lyle B. Masnikoff and Associates | Lyle B. Masnikoff
You can do physical therapy during business hours but then you would lose wages as they only pay wages If you are not earning 80% of your preinjury wages. Best way to have doctor put you on no work while you do therapy.