Do I have to change my status on a green card? 3 Answers as of June 07, 2011

I am an Indian with j1 visa working as a special educator. I have master's degree in the required field. Recently I got a waiver. My spouse is also working. I wish to apply for green card with out changing my status. How do I do this?

If you got a J-visa waiver of the 2-year requirement and you have a sponsor for the green card, then just file. One thing you cannot do is file for the green card just because you want it. Someone has to sponsor you through a family relationship or employment relationship. Pick one and then go.
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You are going to need an employer or family member who is a green card holder or citizen to sponsor you. If you have a master's in your field and can find an employer to employ you full time, you may be able to qualify that way.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
You may qualify for EB2. Speak with an attorney. For a free consultation you may contact my office.