Do I have to change my status on a green card? 3 Answers as of June 07, 2011

I am an Indian with j1 visa working as a special educator. I have master's degree in the required field. Recently I got a waiver. My spouse is also working. I wish to apply for green card with out changing my status. How do I do this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
If you got a J-visa waiver of the 2-year requirement and you have a sponsor for the green card, then just file. One thing you cannot do is file for the green card just because you want it. Someone has to sponsor you through a family relationship or employment relationship. Pick one and then go.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/7/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
You are going to need an employer or family member who is a green card holder or citizen to sponsor you. If you have a master's in your field and can find an employer to employ you full time, you may be able to qualify that way.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/6/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
You may qualify for EB2. Speak with an attorney. For a free consultation you may contact my office.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/3/2011
Click to View More Answers: