Do I have to be notified of a warrant? 2 Answers as of April 18, 2011

I got told I have a warrant out for my arrest, without knowing of a case against me. Is the DA office supposed to tell me about a case against me?

Mercado & Hartung
Mercado & Hartung | Stephanie Hartung
Did you miss a court date? If you were charged with a crime and missed your court date the judge will issue a bench warrant. The court will send notice to your last known address so it always important to keep that up to date. Mail is also the standard method the court uses to notify a person of an upcoming court date if one was not received at the time of arrest. An attorney can help you quash the warrant and counsel you on your options regarding the underlying charge. It is important to take care of the warrant as soon as possible so that you are not arrested.
Law Office of James A Schoenberger
Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
In WA warrants are issued for a variety of reasons. If a case is filed without the defendant actually having been arrested and booked into jail, the prosecutor will mail a summons to appear at arraignment to the best address they can find for you. If you did not get the summons and missed the arraignment date, a bench warrant will be issued without any notice to you ... as they don't have a good address. If you missed a court date, a bench warrant will also be issued, your attorney would know and a quash must be set to clear the warrant. There is also a material witness warrant where your testimony in a criminal trial is desired/necessary and law enforcement is asked to assist in locating you.