Do I have to apply for a visitor visa to marry in the USA? 1 Answers as of April 28, 2011

I am staying in Canada from last 1 year. Now I am on a work permit. If I will get married with green card holder guy than how much time it will take to open the file? Is there any other way to get married in USA? Or I should apply for visitor visa and have to get married in USA?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You can come as a visitor to marry your boyfriend (or anyone else for that matter) however that will not give you LPR status right away since your then husband would only be a green card holder. You will need to wait for your priority date to become available in order to apply for your green card. You will need to check the USDOS Visa bulletin for that category. If your husband were to become a USC, then you would be able to apply for a green card immediately. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: