Do I have a ten year bar from my situation even though I was with family in the states? Posted on July 26, 2011

I lived in the US for about 10 years under a pending political asylum case. Unfortunately this case, after a few appeals was denied. I was living in AZ with my mother and sisters. My mother was the one who submitted the asylum application, but due to some events, she filed it a year after we had overstayed our visa. This process took over 6 years and we received our denial letter at the beginning of Oct, 2010. We were not given a date to leave, nor were we deported, instead we left voluntarily before any other notice was sent. I do not have a criminal background and i was not a burden to the state. Me and my boyfriend want to know if you think i have the 10 year bar and if so what are our options for getting me back to the states.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: