Do I have some type of lawsuit regarding my work injury? 1 Answers as of October 07, 2015

I work for a company and we were out of state working. I was on the roof working when the beam on the roof came unscrewed and I feel 15 feet to the ground. I had a harness on but the line I was tied off to wasn't secured correctly and it broke. They asked me was I ok and I said no. They never would take me to the hospital. I could only work half a day the next two days because of my extreme pain. Still, wouldn't take me to the doctor. I'm now back home and am gonna go get x rays to check for damage on my own dime. I have pictures of the accident and my injuries. This company continues to cut corners and work unsafe. Osha would shut these guys down. After I got feel they even stopped using harnesses. You are supposed to use them. If I have some kind of law suit I would be happy to explain further. I really am looking for answers on what to do as far as if I need to see a doctor, what I need to say to them and if I need to talk to a lawyer.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
You very well may have a claim. Before you run off and spend your own money on a Dr., you may want to consult a comp lawyer, though. Under Alabama comp law, the employer has the first choice of physicians. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 10/7/2015
Click to View More Answers: