Do I have a right to view my mothers will? 5 Answers as of June 11, 2013

Mother recently passed - my sister is the executor, do I have legal right to see the will? Up until death, my sister had power of attorney.

As soon as the Will is filed in the Surrogates Court, it becomes a public record and you can see it anytime you want. Or you can ask her attorney to see the Will and see if they let you do so voluntarily. Either way, you should get to see the Will.
Anyone has the right to see your mother's Last Will and Testament. A Last Will and Testament is a public document once it is brought to the Probate Court for administration.
This depends on the state where you live and also may depend on whether there is any estate to probate. Some states require that the executor file the will with the Probate Court in order to probate the will. Also, your sister's power of attorney ended at your mother's death.