Do I have the right to request information from the father of my kids if he got caught drunk driving with passengers? 1 Answers as of April 10, 2017

I have 3 kids and we both have joint custody, which I disagree on. The kids live with me and there is supervise visits due to incidence that the children reported to the mediator about physical abuse. He later told me he went to jail because he knew I would find out but told me he had no one in the car and got his license taken away. Later he admits that he had passengers. He finally attended court but never told me he got convicted. So I ask him and he said it’s taken care of. As a parent I want to make sure what happen because in case of an emergency since he is on the contact list or him coming to see the kids I am concern for the safety of my children.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
The best way to address this problem is to file and serve a request for order concerning the safety of your children and your exes sobriety. In your motion you should be asking that he participate in alcohol screening, AA meetings or some equivalent and have a review hearing date to be certain he is in compliance. You should also get orders to prevent him from driving with the children if he has consumed any alcohol and in fact not have any alcohol when the children are in his care.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/10/2017
Click to View More Answers: