Do I have the right to refuse to be a witness in a case involving an old employer? Posted on January 21, 2011

I received a letter from an attorney that represents my previous employer. An old co-worker of mine is suing the company. The letter stated that he wants to speak with me to get my statements rather than sending me a subpoena to testify under oath. Can he do that? What are my rights? Can I tell him I don't want anything to do with that case?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: