Do I have the right to lift fraud law suit after I was exposed to a scam? 1 Answers as of September 16, 2014

I am from Egypt. I am exposed to a scam from my wife's American citizenship. She told me that she wanted to marry me, and that brings me to the United States where there is a better life, I bought her airline ticket and I make her wedding and the perfect trip in Egypt. The marriage is legal here in Egypt. She went back to the United States and sent the documents to the immigration office. During this time, I send her money to help her and also are asked to pay her debts of the bank. I told her I cannot pay now. I do not have money at this time. She threaten me to cancel the documents at the immigration office. She is now asking for a divorce paper and I do not want to do this. I want to take my rights which spent a lot of money on this thing which is about $20,000.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
You can try to get your papers under the abused spouse law.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/16/2014
Click to View More Answers: