Do I have the right to know the non-custodial parent’s address? 1 Answers as of June 26, 2017

I have sole physical and sole legal custody of our 6-year-old daughter. Mom has only 18 hours/week visitation with no overnight visits. Mom won’t tell me her new address. Is she legally obligated to provide it to me and or what can I do? I do not feel comfortable letting my daughter be picked up by mom for visits without knowing moms address since mom has taken her away before and mom also has had drug problems in the past.

The court supports and logic dictates that both parents should share information as to their work, residence and correct emergency phone numbers. If this logical approach is not specifically mentioned in your court order, it would make sense to return to court requesting judicial relief. Please meet with an experienced family law attorney to explore your options on this and other issues that might be of concern.