Do I have a right to ALL court documents from my misdemeanor conviction to use for an appeal? 4 Answers as of July 04, 2013

I am handling the bulk of the research for my misdemeanor conviction appeal myself. I called the village court clerk to try to obtain a copy of ALL documents related to my case, and she said I can only have a certificate of disposition. Is this true? How can I get copies of all materials? Thank you.

If you file a Notice of Appeal and a Notice of Appearance that you are not hiring an attorney and are acting as your own attorney you should be able to get a copy of all the documents that constitute the record on appeal since in order to perfect an appeal you must file multiple copies of the record and your brief.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
I called the village court clerk to try to obtain a copy of ALL documents related to my case, and she said I can only have a certificate of disposition. Is this true? No How can I get copies of all materials? Demand them in a FOIL request and if they refuse bring an article 78 proceeding to county court. But really your bigger problem is that you are acting pro se in a very technical legal proceeding. You need to re-think your handling of your appeal yourself. I have done numerous successful appeals, however my minimum fee would be $10,000.00.
You are entitled to the entire "record". That's all exhibits marked for identification and a written transcript of everything that was said.
You will need the transcripts of each proceeding. Contact the stenographer and order them at $4.00 per page generally and it will take two weeks or so and yo can pick them up. The court file is something your attorney can give you, ask him to mail you a copy of his file. The papers are also in the DA's file but that is hard to get unless you ask an attorney to get it for you. You may be able to get a copy of the court file from the court clerk, but that may require an attorney. He will charge about $200 to obtain the file.