Do I have recourse if my child support inquiry was given to my ex instead of human resources? 1 Answers as of June 14, 2011

I sent a letter to the non-custodial parent's employer to request clarification as to why the proper child support amounts were not being deducted per an income deduction order signed by a judge and sent to the employer in December of 2010. I sent the letter certified mail to the three addresses I had for the non-custodial parent's employer, as I was not sure which was the correct address, non-custodial parent works for Govt. agency. I addressed all of the letters to the attention of Human Resources: Payroll. Yesterday, I received an email from the non-custodial parent; informing me that he was in possession of my letter and sending it back to me because one of the addresses I sent the letter to be the physical office to where he works. Is it legal that the letter and its contents were given to him, instead of being forwarded to Human Resources as it was addressed? I feel like he is interfering with my ability to collect the child support that was ordered and the means in which it must be paid? Please provide any insights you may have. The order was issued out of the State of Florida, and we now both live in different states. Do I have any recourse?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law
Gregory T. Buckley, Attorney at Law | Gregory T. Buckley
What sort of recourse are you seeking? How do you know that the Human Resources office did not provide him with a copy of the letter?
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: