Do I have a reasonable wrongful termination case? 3 Answers as of June 09, 2011

I was recently let go from my company due to a disability. There was no reasonable accommodation made on the company's part to have me continue to work. I was told that that due to my disability, I would be a liability to the company and that I wouldn't be deserving of the pay given the healthier workers. I have already filed to receive paperwork from the E.E.O.C.. Do I have a reasonable case to file suit? Can the company counter sue?

David B. Sacks, P.A.
David B. Sacks, P.A. | David Sacks
Since you have already gone through the EEOC process then you know that there may be grounds to sue the company. Failure to provide reasonable accommodation requires effort on both sides to engage in an interactive process. if the company refused to engage in such a process and you know that there was an accommodation it could have provided and simply chose not to, then you may have a very strong case.
William J. O' Malley, Attorney at Law
William J. O' Malley, Attorney at Law | William J. O' Malley
At first glance, your case appears solid. Realistically, your employer will not be able to counter-sue you.
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC
Rose, Senders & Bovarnick, LLC | Paul S. Bovarnick
In order to determine whether you have a case that might succeed, you would need to talk to a lawyer about the details of your situation. However, your former employer cannot sue you for making a claim against it under the ADA.