Do I have a personal injury case after being assauled? Posted on March 29, 2011

I was assaulted on the dance floor of a local bar. I was dancing with my neighbor when her ex-girlfriend punched me on the shoulder. I stopped dancing and alerted my mother that it was time to leave. As we were leaving the ex-girlfriend told me that she was going to kick my ass in the parking lot. She went outside and my mother and I exited. The ex-girlfriend and another woman assaulted me hitting me on the head with a beer bottle, I struck one of the women and they went back into the bar. Me and my mother got into her truck and tried to leave but were blocked in from the rear. A flood of people came out of the bar and surrounded the truck, eventually dragging me out of the truck, while a worker at the bar wrestled the my mothers keys away from her even though the vehicle was blocked in. My shoes and shirt was ripped off, and I was beaten by about 20 men because I defended myself against a women. I was beaten unconscious, police arrived, an hour later emt's arrived and took me by ambulance to the hospital. I pressed charges against the two women who initially assaulted me and contacted the only personal injury lawyer in my town who called back a couple of hours later explaining that they couldn't take my case because of the impending criminal case. The injury lawyers explanation didn't make a lot of sense to me and I would like to know if I have a case against the bar. Their security helped pull me out of the car and did nothing to protect me. Although none of my bones were broke I was punched and kicked senseless and even kicked in the head after I was unconscious. I need your advice. Thank you.