Do I have the legal rights to where my logo is used? 3 Answers as of August 19, 2011

If I own a logo does that mean I have the rights to anything that logo is embed into?

Fears & Nachawati | Andrea Perez
You question is a bit unclear, but I will do my best to provide an answer. As long as your logo, service mark or trademark are not infringing another's rights, you should be able to use you logo on any products or services your company provides. The rights you have are in the "look" of the logo (or design) and the specific words that are tied to your company. A logo, trademark or service mark does not protect ideas or the specific mechanics of products. For example, if you design a new type of transmission and create a logo calling the transmission "Super Transmission," you will be able to prevent others from calling their transmissions "Super Transmission" but not prevent them from creating transmissions on their own that are called something else.
DANIEL NESBITT
DANIEL NESBITT | Hasse & Nesbitt
No, you do not have the right to "anything" that your logo is embedded into. Your logo, presumably protected by a trademark, grants you the right to prevent/exclude others from using the trademark. You should not try to figure this out on your own, but should engage me or another attorney to sort out the legal issues for you.
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
Not always. It depend on the facts of how it is used. If your logo is used in way that does not cause consumer confusion you cannot complain about it. For example, if your logo is used in the background in a movie scene you probably have no right to stop it. Some courts say that it is ok to put a logo on a hat or tshirt to shoe fan admiration. You need to go over your specific situation with IP counsel